The PhD programs of Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María have a full-time, daytime, biannual plan. The individual program has several mandatory subjects and some others that are elective within a standard group of subjects. You are required to pass a qualifying exam, a doctoral thesis and an exit exam
According to the analysis of the records presented by the students, it could be determined the need of being submitted to a placement test and/or a special course to standardize the knowledge prior to the PhD program. The obtaining of an unsatisfactory grade in any grade of this special course would mean the elimination of the student of the PhD program.
Subjects are evaluated using a 0 – 100 scale. The minimum grade needed to pass a subject is 70.
To stay in the program, the student must pass all the subjects, allowing normally the failure of one of them
The minimum required time for a PhD Program is 4 semesters and its completion cannot exceed 12 semesters
La residencia mínima en un programa de Doctorado es de 4 semestres, y su finalización no podrá exceder los 12 semestres.
- PhD in Biotechnology(1)
- PhD in Science with specialty in Physics (1)
- PhD in Science with specialty in Chemistry (2)
- PhD in Mathematics (3)
- PhD in Electronic Engineering
- PhD in Computer Engineering
- PhD in Chemistry Engineering
(1) Together with the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso.
(2) Together with the Universidad de Valparaíso.