Work in Chile

Studying in Chile can become one of the best academic experiences of your life, but, what if you want to work in Chile with your student visa?

The student visa only authorizes you to study, not work. However, there is the possibility of getting an authorization to exercise paid activities with a student visa. For example, for students who perform a professional practice or, in exceptional cases, to pay for their studies.

The cost of this authorization is equivalent to 50% of the value of a visa subject to contract, depending on the nationality of the applicant. Your visa is valid for a period of one year, and you can renew it while you study.

If you have any questions, you can consult the international relations office at your university of destination.